Adding Choice Options Using Technology

One of my goals this year was to increase the options students have for completing assignments through the use of technology.

I started the school year by scaffolding the types of activities they could choose from. We would do them together as a class or in small groups so that they would know my expectations. As we build their toolkit of options, I will add to their options through the Canvas website.

The first tool that they began to learn was Google Slides.  They created presentations in small groups to share with me.  They had a choice of 20 minute video to watch on early human history and then co-created a Google Doc with their notes from the videos.  Then they created a slide presentation on their video.

I created the Google Doc and the Slide presentation template. These were shared with students in Canvas. Each group made a copy and worked as a team to complete and then submitted the completed document in Canvas as an assignment.

The teamwork of students so early in the year was encouraging!


Here is a sample from one of their slides:

As a team, they needed to create a summary of the ideas from the videos.  Here is a sample of their summary:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Tech Tools I Like

iPads as shared devices

New Beginnings