Technology Based Tic Tac Toe Menu

I decided to create a technology-based Tic Tac Toe Menu board to give students more choices with the technology tools that I have at hand.

In the choice board, they have to do three options to get to Tic Tac Toe. Although I wouldn't stop them from doing something they really want to do, the purpose is to try to get them to stretch their knowledge of the technology tools so that they are not always relying on Google Slides every time they have a choice of how to present their information.

They need to address three learning targets from the unit, these are presented at the start of each day and are in Canvas in Modules. They can choose any of the three learning targets from the unit to review using this choice board. Each activity must address a different learning target.

Getting them to specify which learning target they are addressing is key. They need to label their work so that the grading of the activity is easy.

By having them specify the learning target they are addressing, I've found that they are much more thoughtful about their choices and about what they create as a result.

I've had students really think through their options and think about which choice best suits the target. This is the kind of higher-order thinking I would like to encourage. They also discuss which things they know how to do well and which ones they might struggle with. Although I don't specify it on the menu card, I do allow students to choose to work alone or with a partner. This gives them an option to discuss their ideas, and the resulting products can be better.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Tech Tools I Like

New Beginnings

iPads as shared devices